Title: Head of Sales Europe – Consumer Solutions
Department: EMEA Consumer Solutions
Reports To: Head of EMEA Sales
Location: Ideally UK based with significant travel
We are a multi-million euro company that continues to grow and are part of the DCC plc group. Our core strengths lie in supply chain management, and we work with brand name technology manufacturers and customers. We continue to develop innovative solutions at the leading edge of supply chain management and are constantly developing existing relationships and forging new customer partnerships.
We work with companies of all size and industry including the technology, consumer electronics, industrial, med tech and pharmaceuticals sectors. We have operations across Europe, the US and Asia. We are partnered with thousands of suppliers globally and have an international logistics partnership network spanning six continents. We are a leader in professional materials supply chain design and operation and are the only supply chain services company that can manage cost, capital and complexity for our clients.
Exertis has obtained the exclusive distribution rights for Europe for branded products of such as Philips, Motorola and Victrola in segments like audio, accessories, DECT phones, power products, Turn tables and others. The expected sales revenue will be between 30-50 Million Euro for FY20. Aligned to this we have a number of Own Brand within the various Exertis business with international reach and expansion potential.
Exertis EMEA Sales Team is part of an Exertis global sales organization that has the task to build a sales infrastructure to drive the growth of Consumer Solutions brands and Exertis Own Brands across multiple territories.
The Head of Sales role is responsible and accountable for the growth of both Consumer Solutions and Own Brands initially in Europe with the scope to develop into a Global Sales role.
The Head of Sales EMEA will be responsible for developing and implementing the sales strategy business throughout Europe and MEA. The BM will build a strategic relationship with the Exertis Consumer Solutions and Exertis Own Brands Commercial teams to develop a go to market approach in each country in EMEA. Working with the commercial team to ensure the right balance of product, price and brand proposition execution.
Management of remote Sales BDM’s (Business Development Managers) who are locally responsible for the sales execution in their respective countries and territories.
- Developing business and GTM plans based on key performance indicators such as Gross Profit, Stock Levels, Aged Stock and Rebates in partnership with EMEA Consumer Solutions management;
- Establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with key personnel within the European Retailers to become the key Sales conduit local sales and local retailers;
- Partnership with the Commercial all relevant sales/commercial teams with tools, promotions/incentives, quotations and product queries in order to maximise and drive sales;
- Demonstrating strong negotiation skills to ensure Exertis has the strongest product offering/prices and commercial terms;
- Establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with relevant businesses in the Exertis entities to ensure all promotions/product launches are to a high standard;
- Providing accurate information and additional support to Sales in areas which are forecasting below budget;
- Collaborate with Consumer Solutions commercial team Monitoring and managing stock levels in line with operational targets;
- Establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with internal stakeholders including Commercial, Marketing and Purchasing to ensure maximum sales activity is achieved and stock levels remain optimal and communications between the departments are effective;
- Liaising with Sales Managers to ensure product offering remains competitive and relevant to their needs, reporting on a monthly basis;
- Demonstrating expert product knowledge and keeping up to date with new technologies and developments in the market they operate in;
- Anticipating and reacting to fluctuations and trends within the market and their impact on business;
- Maintaining the online quote tools for Exertis and promoting their usage in the customer base.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- The right candidate will have significant experience as a Business Manager / Product Manager in a similar product environment;
- International business experience in sales and distribution;
- Ability to communicate with and influence key stakeholders, individuals and groups at all levels;
- Proven experience of successfully negotiating and building relationships with suppliers;
- Organisation skills – able to plan and prioritise own time and be self- motivated;
- Engaging and credible presentation skills;
- Significant experience in building and maintaining close working relationships with major CE retail and distribution customers in Europe;
- 5+ years relevant manufacturer/distributor sales experience in consumer electronics or similar industry;
- Business analytics and ability to interpret market data using Excel and web-based systems
- A higher level of education;
- Fluency in English (written & verbal), another major European language is desirable.
TO APPLY: Please submit all CV’s and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Friday 9th, July 2019.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. They are not intended to be interpreted as an exhaustive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.