|Title:||IT Infrastructure Engineer
|Reports To:||Head of IT Infrastructure & Operations|
The Company: We are a multi-million euro company that continues to grow, and are part of the DCC Plc group. Our core strengths lie in supply chain management, and we work with brand name technology manufacturers & customers. We continue to develop innovative solutions at the leading edge of supply chain management and are constantly developing existing relationships and forging new customer partnerships.
We work with companies of all size and industry including the technology, consumer electronics, industrial, med tech and pharmaceuticals sectors. We have operations across Europe, the US and Asia. We are partnered with thousands of suppliers globally and have an international logistics partnership network spanning six continents. We are a leader in professional materials supply chain design & operation and are the only supply chain services company that can manage cost, capital and complexity for our clients.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodation for the interview process and we will do our utmost to accommodate you.
We are currently expanding our business and are looking for someone who is passionate about the business of supply chain and who wants to be involved in an exciting and fast-moving growth environment.
The role of our IT Infrastructure Engineer is a support role, based in Lodz. You will take full responsibility for IT Operations in relation to Poland and other sites as directed by IT Management. The responsibilities are varied and involve support of IT infrastructure, IT Processes and Software as well as supporting users in their day-to-day IT needs and problems. The ideal candidate will have excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
The candidate must also have the following skill sets:
- Strong customer focus;
- Strong people and issue management skills, knowledge of Service Desk principles;
- Working knowledge of server operating systems such as Microsoft Windows and UNIX;
- A knowledge of server virtualization technologies such as VMware / ProxMox;
- Understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy management;
- Ability to support Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Azure platforms;
- Experience working with automation and configuration management tools, including ability to develop and maintain automation scripts:
- Experienced in Backup and Recovery, systems’ monitoring, patching and upgrades;
- A knowledge of IP networks: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing, etc. Knowledge of networking equipment: Firewalls, Switches, Routers is a plus.
- Goal oriented and results driven with a strong desire to see tasks through to completion;
- Working knowledge of Desktop Operating systems including Windows 10, and Mac OS;
- Ability to understand, support and troubleshoot various end-user applications, as well as business applications, such as SAP R/3, SAP Business One, Microsoft Office Suite, OKTA;
- Must be a highly effective communicator, with the ability to manage and implement necessary change, quickly and effectively, in a highly dynamic environment. Good interpersonal skills are required as the role will involve a high degree of working with the users.
- Good English and fluent Polish language knowledge, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently.
The organisation runs an enterprise suite of applications including customer interfaces, partner portals, business analytics and SAP ERP to support a high volume, high revenue business. The role includes, but not limited to:
- Monitor and maintain stability and performance of production systems, both hardware and software;
- Business / Cloud applications support: SAP Business One, Office 365, Azure, OKTA, Cisco UC, etc.
- Servers’ deployment and configuration;
- Responsibilities in Microsoft Azure and on-premises infrastructure design and areas of performance and availability, alerting and monitoring, automation and configuration management.
- Perform system software upgrades and patching on periodic basis;
- Manage backups of business-critical systems on agreed schedule;
- Compete periodic data restoration and disaster recovery tests;
- Monitor and maintain virtualized environments;
- Assist with networking and associated hardware configuration, and deployments;
- Contribute to IT and Business Projects by providing assistance for infrastructure setup, and systems design;
- Support IT Application Team with their operational needs;
- Ensure security, compliance and data protection policies are enforced and followed;
- Users management across different systems and applications;
- Support with all security related activities
- As a member of our IT Service Desk team, provide support for our users on a daily basis.
- Desktop support (MS Office, Cisco UC, Antivirus, etc.);
- Contribute to monthly reports on IT service statistics;
- Taking charge of incidents from triage to closure;
- Participate in the out of hours on-call rota
- Other duties as required within the scope of IT Operations deliveries.
Education / Professional Qualifications:
- 3-5 Years’ experience in a similar role;
- A recognised degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- Any certification is a bonus.