|Title:||Junior Logistics Specialist|
|Department:||Inventory & Logistics|
|Reports To:||Site Manager|
|Working arrangements:||Onsite / Hybrid|
|Terms:||FTC 1 year|
We are a multi-million euro company that continues to grow, and are part of the DCC Plc group. Our core
strengths lie in supply chain management, and we work with brand name technology manufacturers &
customers. We continue to develop innovative solutions at the leading edge of supply chain management
and are constantly developing existing relationships and forging new customer partnerships.
We work with companies of all size and industry including the technology, consumer electronics,
industrial, med tech and pharmaceuticals sectors. We have operations across Europe, the US and Asia.
We are partnered with thousands of suppliers globally and have an international logistics partnership
network spanning six continents. We are a leader in professional materials supply chain design &
operation and are the only supply chain services company that can manage cost, capital and complexity
for our clients.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities.
Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodation for the interview process and we will do
our utmost to accommodate you.
This role is designed to support Logistic Specialist role in day-to-day activities within Logistic Department.
Employee in this position will be responsible for managing daily logistic operations as well as will be
supporting department in more advanced activities i.e. quotes, negotiations with forwarders, reporting
and metrics. Focus on improvements of undertaken tasks and processes is a must for this person.
- Use IT systems (SAP) to manage delivery times and transport costs;
- Use data from IT systems to evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements
- Support in negotiations with Forwarders and Transport Suppliers re “Rates” & “Services”
- Analysis of logistical problems and producing new solutions (Weight breaks / Routes & Modes
of Transport );
- Understand Customs Procedures including “Documentation Requirements” / Import – Export
- Classifying goods as per Revenue Tariff;
- Support checking if Agents & Forwarders are compliant with logistical requirements;
- Help with compilation and submission of monthly VAT Reports to the Finance function;
- Daily planning & booking of shipments with forwarders for the procurement function;
- Daily POD filing / Shipment Logs etc.;
- Support business on “Transport Services / Rates” etc.;
- Choosing the correct means of transport based on “Service” requirements through
determination based on product weights & dimensions;
- Support in projects and planning of logistical elements;
- Help with new supply strategies – constantly review and manage Forwarders & Services;
- Plan shipment routes;
- Process & Audit “Freight Invoices” on a daily / weekly basis;
- Understanding IOR (Importer of Record) requirements.
- Ideally, bachelor’s / master’s degree in Logistics / Supply Chain Management / Production
- Good communication skills particularly in relation to interfacing with other departments /
Logistics companies and where appropriate, customers;
- Providing accurate, actionable and timely information relating to fright management
- Support cooperation with procurement on inbound and outbound logistical requirements;
- Manage key metrics to measure of performance against set targets and ability to analyse data
to assist in driving good decision making and to report findings;
- Optimization of customer service as measured by adherence to set targets on supply quality
and measurement of direct correlation with customer satisfaction within the operational
- Fluent level of Polish and communicative level of English required,
- Flexible and willing to work to meet deadlines and be responsive to pressure;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel;
- Knowledge in the use of SAP ERP system would be a distinct advantage.
- Action Oriented
- Being Resilient
- Communicates Effectively
- Manages Complexity